| Under direct supervision of the General Manager, the Slots Director is responsible for the strategic planning and leadership of all aspects of Slots Operations with a primary focus on maximizing slot machines revenue and increasing guest experience. This position will direct the improvement of revenue through creating a competitive advantage, creating an analytics based culture, managing slot product, and negotiating costs, while maintaining attention to guest enjoyment and satisfaction. Oversees the department and ensures the Slot Operations and technical staff provide friendly and efficient service to internal and external guests and ensures slot machines are working and maintained. The Slot Director develops goals and strategies and translates them into tactical plans, as well as provide leadership to ensure goals and expectations by the company be attained. Responsible for departmental development.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
- Ensures budget are complete, accurate and in line with goals.
- Ensures Slot Department compliance with Title 31, anti-money laundering, SAR reporting and all other FinCEN requirements.
- Ensures all required reports, notices, and submissions required by the company Gaming Office and management are delivered upon due dates.
- Provides strategic insight, direction, and oversight to Slot Operations to ensure a successful and continuous operation.
- Provides constructive feedback to the General Manager on necessary changes and improvements; implements and monitors approved changes.
- Demonstrates an expert working knowledge of the slot industry, electronic slot machines and associated /related equipment products, features, setup and configurations as well as player tracking/accounting systems features and configurations.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and competence in electronic slot machine performance analysis and familiarization including slot floor layout and configuration utilizing standard analysis practices, tools and applications.
- Demonstrates a service culture that is focused on internal and external guests while creating consistent service expectations.
- Develops strategic business plans, and annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develops, implements and communicates long-term direction and goals to Slot Operations.
- The development includes technical abilities as well as leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Stays abreast of industry and competitor slot product & service offerings, new technologies, and cutting edge trends significant to slot and gaming operations.
- Oversees the maximization of slot floor optimization by reviewing in-depth analysis and identifying revenue opportunities with slot product mix and pricing, establishing slot machines replacement cycles, slot machines hold percentages, slot machines quantities, additional revenue sources.
- Oversees preparation, planning and forecasting of capital investments, direct expenses and gaming revenues.
- Oversees vendor relationships and all contract negotiations to ensure the best pricing, highest discounts, most favorable terms, added incentives, exclusive deals, leveraging multiple property buying power, etc.
- Oversees regulatory compliance, product acquisition, placement, productivity and maintenance.
- Directs the budget management for the department.
- Understands that Slot Operations is a 24-hour revenue and service department, monitoring slot machines guest activities during peak and off peak periods.
- Reviews the policies and procedures of the Slot Department to monitor internal controls and ensure protection of the gaming assets, updating such as needed to align with best practices, maintaining high level of regulatory compliance.
- Regularly reviews and recommends changes/revisions, where necessary, to internal controls that relate to the Slot Department operations. Works with other affected department to implement needed changes.
- Regularly evaluates all Slot Department policies and procedures for effectiveness and possible areas of improvement or efficiencies.
- Exhibits ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and positive manner with internal and external guests.
- Maintains high morale through support, appreciation and development of Team Members.
- Select, train, develop, organize and motivate a highly qualified and effective team, capable of providing optimum staff support for the organization.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving concerns.
- Must be culturally competent and effective in a multi-cultural environment.
- Effective at presenting information and responding to questions and/or concerns from management, staff, guests, public groups and regulatory agencies if requested.
- Strong leadership and people management skills required with good motivational and collaboration emphasis; communicates change effectively, overcomes resistance and builds commitment.
- Performs other duties as required.
|Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field plus 10 years of experience in slot operations is required.
- 5 of the 10 years must have been in management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Experience in large-scale gaming operations; 1,500+ slot machines required.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license
|Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
- Knowledge of software systems.
- Ability to analyze reports.
- Ability to interact effectively with Local, State and National Regulatory Officials.
- Ability to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
- Ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs.
- Ability to write and implement departmental procedures as necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
- Skill in professional management techniques.
- Skill in human relations and supervision of assigned staff.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The team member frequently is required to walk.
- The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate to high noise level.
- Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.