||Provides leadership, direction and supervision of staff in the daily operations of the Spa & Salon, including, but not limited to, retail, salon, and spa. Oversees the coordination of all guests’ requests, be directly involved in budgeting, forecasting, payroll, and scheduling, as well as product inventory and ordering.
- Ensures that qualified individuals are selected, hired, and trained in all areas of responsibility.
- Produces and maintains a pleasant work environment, one in which team members thrive.
- Ensures that team members are informed of pertinent information including property/departmental goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with all departments ensuring maximum cooperation, productivity, morale, and guest service.
- Makes suggestions for improvements in overall operations with emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenues as well as reducing costs.
- Acknowledges and rewards high achieving team members, creates and ensures incentive programs are being followed.
- Displays fair treatment with respect to disciplinary action producing documentation when necessary.
- Resolves guest and team member issues/disputes.
- Participates in various committees addressing guest/team member issues.
- Mentors supervisors and line staff assisting in their professional development and growth.
- Produces performance appraisals for direct reporting team members.
- Adheres to department and property policies and procedures.
- Monitors labor resources to ensure maximum effectiveness in guest service while realizing full profit potential.
- Promotes safety awareness to minimize work related injuries.
- Monitors key guest service indicators – surveys, comment cards, etc. establishes trends; takes appropriate action.
- Ensures that Company assets/equipment/inventories are maintained and protected.
- Monitors day-to-day operations to ensure that the department is meeting goals and objectives, is following policies and procedures and is providing services effectively and efficiently; take corrective action as appropriate.
- Evaluates employee performance routinely, delivering positive and negative feedback in a timely and effective fashion.
- Maintains knowledge of property information and memorabilia.
- Reports on the department’s financial performance explaining budget variances and performance trends.
- Develops and implements a menu of services to be provided inclusive of price strategy that ensures profitability and creates a competitive advantage; revises menu and pricing as needed.
- Ensures that reservation calls are processed with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitors regret analysis closely making adjustments as needed.
- Reviews appointment schedule and modifies staffing as necessary.
- Formulates promotional programs to stimulate sales during slow periods.
- Monitors staff certifications to ensure all are active and up to date.
- Prepares and administers spa forecasts and budgets as required.
- Works closely with Casino Marketing to ensure that there is ample reservations/appointments available for players.
- Monitors and inspects spa areas ensuring cleanliness and proper maintenance.
- Supervises Spa & Salon employees.
- Complies with and enforces state regulatory requirements.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Upholds the Company Mission Statement.
- Represents the Company in the most positive manner with guests, co-workers, managers, and vendors.
- Schedules and facilitates staff meetings on a regular or as needed basis.
- Assumes the Manager-on-Duty role as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College degree in business preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience in Spa operations preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Gaming license.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Must project a professional and positive image.
- High energy level.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self and others.
- Good judgment and common sense.
- Ability to deal with people in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively analyze and solve problems.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics, including statistics.
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.