|The incumbent in this position is responsible for the strategy, direction and management of all the following operations: Property Marketing, Advertising, Branding, Interactive and Social Marketing, Players Club, Direct Mail, Database, Promotions, Marketing Special Events, Bus Operations, Affiliates/Partnerships/ Sponsorships and Player Development. Responsible for achieving revenue and income objectives and market share, property branding, and monitoring guest service objectives, in accordance with property, corporate policy and all regulations. Is a member of the property’s strategic committee, which is responsible for overall strategic direction.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Company their choice for gaming and entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Ensures delivery of superior internal and external guest service with every interaction. Team Member Engagement and Guest Engagement for this position and responsible departments.
- Assumes management responsibility for day-to-day operations and financial activities; successfully directs departments to fulfill regulatory compliance.
- Establishes department standards, guidelines and objectives, and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Develops reporting and monitoring systems to accomplish objectives, maintains control of assets and ensures regulatory compliance.
- Prepares operating budgets, monitors budgetary compliance and takes action on budget variance items.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates and directs management and other staff in order to ensure team members receive adequate guidance to achieve established department objectives; responsible for morale of department and its team members through quality supervision and training.
- Formulates strategies, operating policies and procedures for responsible departments. Interfaces with gaming regulators for company and audits and other regulatory issues; oversees filing and reporting requirements imposed by the Gaming/Lottery Commission relating to the marketing department. Creates and approves all Marketing promotion submissions to State Gaming/Lottery Commission for approval.
- Directs long and short term planning for all functions of the property and marketing departments including analysis of product and market opportunities, program effectiveness and development of strategies to ensure adequate level of guest satisfaction and achievement of established market share goals.
- Oversees and develops all property advertising, and interactive/social media in conjunction with outside agencies, in order to promote the property and its activities and maintain consistency with corporate marketing policy, strategies and goals.
- Approves, implements and evaluates media plans, direct mail campaigns and promotions, and all other property marketing expenditures in order to ensure program efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
- Coordinates database management functions including guest ratings and direct mail marketing activities to ensure the achievement of guest development goals.
- Responsible for the development and execution of creative and promotional solutions in response to competitive issues and problems.
- Monitors and evaluates all reporting departments in order to ensure the proper planning of short and long-term strategies and achievement of established goals and objectives.
- Reviews strengths and weaknesses of all department programs in order to most effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
- Attends and participates in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned, ensuring efficient and consistent communication to all marketing and related department management as needed.
- Attends and participates in off property functions and events as assigned.
- Monitors marketplace and stays vigilant with regards to understanding the competition and their respective programs, properties, and marketing initiatives.
- Performs work regularly and predictably.
- Works with Planning and Analysis to ensure all programs are thoroughly analyzed for effectiveness through proforma and post event analyses.
- Drives Marketing strategy and support for non-gaming areas including food and Beverage, Retail, Entertainment
- Spends time on the gaming floor and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volumes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Attends seminars when needed.
- Makes presentations and represents property to all community interests and related associations
|This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through 7 to 10 years of experience in a similar position within the gaming industry and a B.A. in Advertising or Marketing or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Gaming/Lottery industry experience required.
Licenses, Certifications and Testing:
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations, including Gaming/Lottery Commission License.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
Specific Knowledge Required:
- And understanding of the property’s regional gaming market.
- In-depth understanding of the management and operations of all Company and tourism business.
- And experience in the management of Company marketing functions including, but not limited to: database, advertising and branding, player’s club operations and player development.
- Operations, services and activities of comprehensive marketing and database programs.
- Advanced principles and practices of marketing management, program development and administration.
- The Gaming/Lottery industry.
- Principles and practices of a capital and operations budget.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Gaming Systems (BI Tools)
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
|This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.