||Reports to COO Hospitality. The Vice President of Food & Beverage is responsible for ensuring the food and beverage operations are providing and delivering a consistent, high level of service and quality of products based on established company standards and customers’ expectations. This position will develop the strategic food and beverage goals and translate them into tactical plans, as well as provide leadership to ensure goals are attained. The Vice President Food & Beverage will maximize revenues and profits while maintaining the high level and quality and integrity of our food & beverage selection.
- Ensure maximization of food and beverage revenues and profits and guest satisfaction to meet strategic business plans in alignment with Tribal goals.
- Implement programs and promotions focused on maximizing revenues in the operations. Implement comprehensive purchasing contracts that provide a quality product at the best possible price.
- Constantly monitor food and beverage operations for maximum sales growth and profit potential while maintaining guest satisfaction.
- Directs the development and monitoring of financial budgets, sales, and marketing strategies, and operations to produce both short-term and long-term profitability. Oversee the analysis of revenue reports, make necessary strategic changes to ensure maximum profitability and efficiency.
- Direct the department in reconceiving and/or repositioning of food and beverage concepts. Assist to evaluate and potentially reposition the food and beverage concept through food format, restaurant design and marketing, and specific activities to build business as needed.
- Constantly monitor national and regional F&B trends to ensure food and beverage operations does not fall behind its primary competitors.
- Focus on food and beverage marketing and guest service delivery efforts that build the loyalty of existing customers while also attracting new ones. Work with the F&B team to develop distinctive or signature services and products that can provide a degree of separation from our competitors.
- Assist in the development of restaurant and menu concepts, as well as kitchen designs.
- Ensure the Food and Beverage Directors and their managers are properly trained to be trainers.
- Ensure the marketing and merchandising of our food and beverage outlets is occurring with an emphasis on delivering innovativeness and excitement to our guests.
- Drives results through staff development and appropriate training programs; monitor results through evaluation, inspection, and analysis.
- Maintains occupational knowledge and skills by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes, and conferences.
- Directs the budget management for the department. Ensures budget is complete, accurate, and in line with Tribe goals.
- Select, train, develop, organize, and motivate a highly qualified and effective team, capable of providing optimum staff support for the organization. The development includes technical abilities as well as leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Business Administration, or a related field is required. A Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in casino, restaurant, and/or hotel industry is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years supervisory experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Experience in large-scale operations.
- Must be culturally competent and effective in a multi-cultural environment.
- Effective at presenting information and responding to questions and/or concerns from management, staff, customers, public groups, regulatory agencies, and/or the Business Committee.
- Strong leadership and people management skills required with good motivational and collaboration emphasis; communicates change effectively, overcomes resistance, and builds commitment.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- At the discretion of the Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must possess a current and valid ServSafe certificate, or able to obtain prior to commencing employment.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process.The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.