The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for guests and team members, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force. The incumbent in this position is also responsible for operating and maintaining an efficient and profitable slots operation, as well as participating in company planning and direction. Directs the activities of the overall Slots department, including staffing and performance of slots, and slots repair to ensure compliance with established regulations policies and procedures.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make the property their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Ensures delivery of superior internal and external guest service with every interaction.
- Assumes management responsibility for day-to-day operations and financial activities; successfully directs departments to fulfill regulatory compliance.
- Establishes department standard, guidelines and objectives, and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Develops reporting and monitoring systems to accomplish objectives, maintains control of assesses and fulfills regulatory compliance.
- Prepares operating budgets, monitors budgetary compliance, and takes action on budget variance items.
- Creates and implements operating policies and procedures for slots operations.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates, and directs slots team members in order to ensure that team members receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established department objectives.
- Maintains, through subordinates and direct observation, a continuous awareness of all operational areas.
- Approves staffing work schedules and assures optimum development of work force.
- Maintains a constant awareness of the latest gaming regulations and works with regulatory authorities and various internal control staff members to assure regulatory and operational practice compliance.
- Investigates new slot gaming devices with vendors and remains aware of state-of-the-art technology as related to the gaming and arcade industry.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining optimal floor layout in regard to machine placement.
- Responsible for maintaining designated pay-off percentages as designated by company policy.
- Responsible for the career growth and development of subordinates and creation of a developmental climate that rewards guest service.
- Attends and participates in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned
- Performs work regularly and predictably.
- Attends seminars when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Education and /or experience requirements:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree, as well as through a minimum of 5 to 7 years progressive experience in Slot Management with at least 5 years’ in a managerial capacity for a Gaming company.
|Additional requirements: (licenses, certifications, testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
| Knowledge of:
- All facets of slot operations.
- Gaming regulations related to slot operations.
- Slot Information System, floor coverage and labor analysis.
- Management and operations of a gaming operation, including fiscal management skills.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Communicate effectively with guests, outside contacts and all levels of team members.
- Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed
- Spend time on the Casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume
- Be a proactive thinker, strategic and creative.
- Be flexible, open to guidance and input from all corporate directives.
- Make unpopular and/or difficult decisions which benefit the organization in the short and long term;
- Be a strategic, analytical, ethical and effective motivator;
- Forecast changes in the economic climate and/or profits and react accordingly;
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate team members;
- Participate in the development and administration of goals, objectives, and procedures;
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports;
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures;
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.