|Reports to COO of Hospitality; The Vice President, Facilities and Environmental Services (EVS) is responsible for ensuring the facilities and EVS operations are providing a consistent, high level of service based on established enterprise standards and guest expectations.
This critical role provides strategic and operational leadership for all activities involved in planning, developing, operating, and maintaining the enterprise building and grounds. This position develops strategic Facilities and EVS goals and transforms them into tactical plans as well as provides leadership to ensure goals are attained.
The Vice President, Facilities and EVS improves operational performance, increases productivity, upholds the image of the property, and provides a safe and efficient working environment which is essential to the overall performance of the enterprise, as well as maintaining a high-performance culture, efficiencies, and a world-class level of service and presentation.
- Provide strategic insight, direction, and oversight to Facilities and EVS operations to improve and/or enhance the overall department.
- Lead, direct, and administer all Facilities and EVS operations to ensure continued growth and profitability including, but not limited to, budgeting and forecasting, purchasing and inventory control, department management, policy implementation and enforcement of procedure and operation standards; overseeing lost and found.
- Develop and implement a business plan with guidelines and procedures that will support initiatives and enhance Facilities and EVS quality and service, associated costs, employee development, retention strategies, and employee productivity benchmarks.
- Consistently monitor Facilities and EVS operations for maximum efficiency and team development while maintaining excellence in guest service as well as proposing innovative solutions for continual improvement for both operations and employee engagement. Also ensures effective processes, positions, and performance management systems are in place
- Set the standard for hiring competencies and establish criteria to select, hire, train, develop, organize, and motivate a highly qualified and effective Facilities and EVS team, capable of providing optimum support to the SMC organization and identify qualified trainers
- Directs the budget management and forecasting for the department and ensures accuracy, maximization, efficiency, and alignment with San Manuel goals.
- Develop and oversee comprehensive vendor contracts, which provide a quality product and service at a fair price and oversees negotiation procedures in compliance with SMC’s policies and procedures while fostering an open line of communication to maintain accountability.
- Works closely with Human Resources Business Partners to resolve employee conflicts, issue disciplinary action and documentation, mediate due process meetings, and administers all aspects of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain knowledge of new and evolving technology in Facilities, Maintenance, and EVS fields to ensure the department is maximizing efficiencies and utilizing the proper tools.
- Creates a compliance and team support culture within the organization and fosters an environment where employees feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct. Dedicates appropriate staff and equipment to ensure passing health inspections conducted by outside sources in all areas.
- Ensure that all standards of cleanliness and maintenance are consistently met. Also ensures proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local, and enterprise
- Corrects and communicates any safety violation located on the property in a timely manner and ensures that all OSHA guidelines are consistently met and followed in addition to establishing health and safety policies and procedures for staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel/Facilities Management, Business Administration or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum twelve (12) years’ experience in the casino, restaurant, and/or hotel industry required.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ progressive supervisory and managerial experience, directing, leading, and coaching others to exceed standards required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements.
- Ability to prepare, understand, present, and analyze business strategies.
- Advanced proficiency in budgeting, Profit & Loss, and business planning mandatory.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven managerial problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues, delegating as appropriate, to drive measurable results.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership ability; as well as, organizational and strategic agility.
- Demonstrated ability for people development and employee engagement by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and holding team members accountable.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- At the discretion of the Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process.The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.