|Under the supervision of the property President, the incumbent, either personally or through subordinates, directs the financial affairs of the company, prepares financial analyses of operations and proformas of new projects, reviews systems for efficiency improvement, is involved in the strategic planning process and other projects as required.
|Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make the company their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Develops, analyzes and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to assess operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and industry benchmarks.
- Prepares and reviews proformas and budgets of new and existing operations.
- Analyzes and develops policies, procedures and systems to ensure effective internal controls, optimum efficiencies and improvement of processes.
- Works with external auditors and other third parties on financial matters as necessary.
- Participates in the company’s review of appropriate insurance coverage against property loss and potential liability.
- Oversees and directs all financial reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures integrity of financial statements including the balance sheet
- Supports the company cost control and operational efficiencies.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Plans and manages the annual budgeting process for all departments.
- Establishes and administers all government reporting procedures to ensure accurate and timely information is provided in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates fiduciary responsibility to senior management and the organization.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Attend seminars when needed.
Education and /or Experience requirements:
Bachelor of Arts/Sciences degree in Accounting/Finance as well as seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in a senior level accounting/financial management position of a gaming/hospitality company. Financial analysis experience in the gaming/hospitality industry of at least three (3) to five (5) years.
|Additional Requirements: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and local Gaming Commission.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends, as well as flexible shifts.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of hotel casino operations, and accounting and internal controls.
- Ability to direct and manage subordinate team members.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a professional office setting, but there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second-hand smoke and excessive noise.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.