||The Vice President of Human Resources is an experienced executive who has supported an ideal work environment as well as effective business operations. This position will be responsible for directing all of the human capital functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of The Company. The position will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility.
- Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation/benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develop appropriate policies, programs and manager training for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area (but not limited to) would be programs for employee relations, diversity, harassment prevention, addressing employee complaints, performance management/appraisal, supervisory training, and career development.
- Maintains knowledge of international human resources policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the human resources
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Evaluates the human resources division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain a quality and consistency of all areas of Human Resources.
- Continually investigate and introduce improvement measures and presents suggestions to the President.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction
- BA Required. MBA Preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Human Resources Management is preferred but not required.
- Hotel operations, Food & Beverage, and/or Casino experience is required.
- A PHR or SPHR is preferred but is not required.
- Strong management skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Deep knowledge of human resources functions (talent management, recruitment, compensation, benefits and employee relations.
- Aptitude in communicating and public speaking.
- Comfortable with traveling.
- Must be willing to obtain and keep any work cards required for the position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.