||The Vice President, Revenue and Distribution Management is responsible for maximization of room revenues for the resort. This individual will also participate in driving revenues for other revenue streams for the resort with the goal of optimizing total resort revenues. In addition, this individual will manage all aspects of competitor intelligence; pricing; management of room inventory, and/or the yield hurdle points; distribution channels, market segment mix; and, in conjunction with Sr. Management the acceptance/denial of major group bookings.
- Maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of a master calendar of external events, competitor rate intelligence, RevPar penetration (RGI), arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates (with the F&B Mgr), trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues by channel, segment and account.
- Understand the composition of hotel profitability and uses this to evaluate business from all accounts and groups so as to provide input to future rate setting and negotiation.
- Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments, understands the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators; and recommends appropriate actions to the Revenue Team in relation to the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy.
- Conduct weekly rate/sell strategy (yield) meetings with staff.
- Facilitate the Revenue Team meetings and generates reports and analyses needed for these meetings, reporting key facts/trends etc.
- Monitor and determine demand periods for function space, rooms and catering through an analysis of historical data and current bookings. Responsible for tracking and analyzing of booking pace, group wash, cut off enforcement for groups as well as denied and regretted business.
- In collaboration with the SVP’s of Sales and Marketing, approve and/or implement sell strategies for all group proposals above 10 rooms on any one night and with Convention Sales on setting group and conference rates.
- Manage use of revenue systems on a daily basis. This includes the responsibility for any manipulation of the yield hurdle points and daily inventory balancing where appropriate.
- Responsibility for opening or closing third party extranet inventory controls.
- Train and support hotel teams on revenue system functionality and enhancements.
- Manage all channels (GDS, Internet direct and indirect) including but not limited to room types and sell strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring rate integrity across all channels and in all markets.
- Provide input to the annual budget process on all revenue aspects of the business. Provides medium-term revenue-based forecasts of required staffing levels to all departments.
- Conduct annual revenue management audits for all revenue generating departments.
- Provides technical support to Reservations and Front Office on up-selling and negotiating techniques.
- Champion all special projects relating to market research and operational optimization (resource planning, costing, Key Performance Indicators, etc.)
- Support and manage revenue systems including the central reservations systems KCRS, the yield mgmt. system (Rainmaker) and portions of the property management system (Opera) and catering system (Delphi).
- Perform all other duties as directed.